The De Wette school building, built in 1903 by Emanuel La Roche and Fritz Stehlin, was carefully renovated by WIRTH+WIRTH in 2014 to 2015.
The building is a listed building, which required a prudent approach to the existing building fabric. The sandstone facade was renovated, and the glazed courtyard façade was completely renewed in close consultation with the monument conservation authorities.
In the interior, building components were interpreted with great care, reconstructed and brought into an overall concept for the preservation of historical monuments. The entire building services were renewed, earthquake reinforcements, handicapped accessibility, fire protection measures and acoustic improvements were made.